Using a combination of qualitative and quantitative data improves an evaluation by ensuring that the limitations of one type of data are balanced by the strengths of another. This then ensures that understanding is improved by integrating different ways of knowing. Some of the values of using both qualitative and quantitative research methods include the ability to enriching data, examining findings, explaining findings and triangulation. Mixed methods approach can offer a powerful resource to inform and illuminate the answers that different researched seek. This training seeks to enhance the skills of participants using both qualitative and quantitative research approaches in undertaking their researches, projects programs, feasibility studies among others. The training will cover ways to undertaking research with particular attention to collecting and analysing both qualitative and quantitative data; the use of information Technology for data collection, data management analysis and interpretation of empirical results. The focus of this training is therefore, to enable participants to learn how to use Stata for quantitative data management and analysis and NVIvo software for qualitative data management and analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general training targeting participants wishing to analyze both quantitative and rich messy qualitative data. The participants can be from Social, Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of STATA and NVivo Softwares, No prior Knowledge is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Understand the basics of data cleaning
- Understand how to import and export data, input data into Stata
- General use and data management using Stata.
- Managing output management in Stata
- Understanding how to generate simple and advanced graphics using Stata
- Analysing quantitative data using both descriptive and commonly used inferential analysis techniques
- Explore the function of NVivo
- Create a project
- Undertake deductive and inductive qualitative data coding using NVivo
- Manage project material